Search This Blog

Thursday 31 March 2011

Letting Things Go

"Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on."
Eckhart Tolle (from the book - A New Earth)

What other people think of me is truly none of my business.
What other people choose to believe is none of my business either.

It's funny, hilariously funny,  because at the end of the day - it really doesn't matter! It really doesn't. Most of the time people are looking at life through their own beliefs. If you believe people are out to get you, that's what you'll see. If you believe everyone lies, that's what you'll see. If you believe you are unlovable, that's what you'll see....around every corner and in the face of every person you meet.

The natural laws that govern this Universe see everything and maintain balance everywhere. Those who choose to put their energy into dishonorable conduct, dishonesty, degrading others, selfishness and revenge will only attract into their lives more of the same. It's that simple. Those who choose to learn from their mistakes with humility and focus more on loyalty, honesty, love, true partnerships/friendships, support and patience will align themselves with that and draw in more of the same.  In retrospect, the idea of defending oneself and trying to get another to see your true intentions is absolutely ridiculous! We are simply not, nor will we ever be, responsible for what others think or how they behave.That is 100% up to them and their choice. And the choices we make are what shape our lives and our future.

I awoke this morning with an undeniable sense of deep gratitude for my life as I stand, in awe, of the beauty and love that surrounds me and continues to unfold each and every day. Thank you, to everyone and everything, that has brought me to this moment. Especially to those of you who have been dishonorable, angry, dishonest and hurtful. Thank you. You have taught me to see my own beauty and to really understand what I want my life to be.

2 comments: