Search This Blog

Wednesday 29 February 2012

You Have To Love

Someone recently told me that their view on life was that the purpose was to Love and to Work.

I liked that when I heard it.

I spent the better part of the last year pretending that I didn't really need closeness or love from anyone other than my family. And that if I just kept working and working and working I would somehow be "ok". I'm happy to report those feelings are changing.


“...You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.”
~Louise Erdrich

No comments:

Post a Comment